The ceremony took place at the Awazu Dojo at the Judo National Institute in Paris, in front of many guests:
* The Ambassador of Japan, Mr. Masato KITERA
* Mr. Thomas PESQUET, European Space Agency astronaut, who spent sox months in the International Space Station in 2016/2017 and who is a black belt judoka.
* Mr. Patrick KARAM, Deputy President of the Rgion Ile de France
* Mr. Franois DUROUVRAY, President of the 'Conseil Departemental de l'Essonne'
* Mr. Patrick OLLIER, President of the 'Metropole du Grand Paris'
* Mr. Denis MASSEGLIA, President of the French National Olympic Committee.
* Mr. Etienne THOBOIS, Mr. Jean-Philippe GATIEN, Mr. Thierry REY, Organizing Committee of PARIS 2024
* The partners and sponsors of the French Judo Federation (Mr. Philippe BRASSAC President of the Crdit Agricole SA, Mr. Philippe BAILLY President of SMI and its General Director, Mr. Bertrand DA ROS, Mr. Guillaume GAY director of MIZUNO, Mr. Jean-Michel MAZALERAT President of Dalkia)
* The representatives of Combat Sports federations (wrestling, Karate, Taekwondo, boxing, aikido, aiki budo), the President of the basketball federation, the President of the fencing federation, the President of the Ice sports federation, the President of the badminton federation, and the President of the International Squash Federation.
* Mr. Grard BENONE, IJF Executive Committee member.
* All the national coaches.
The 'Legion d'honneur',is the highest French distinction and one of the most famous in the world. For more than two centuries it has been awarded in the name of the Head of State to reward citizens who have been very successful in different fields of activities.
Mr. Jean-Luc ROUGE was the first French Judo World champion in 1975, before occupying several key positions within the French Judo Federation, the French National Olympic Committee and the International Judo Federation.